Status Categories for a transaction
Transactions that represent payments for products or services provided by the merchant are characterized by different statuses required for guiding the merchant in taking future actions.
Financial status 1
- Pending authorization
- Pending settlement
- Pending void
- SEPA Wire payment
- Cash Payment via Romanian Post Office
- Cash Payment via Raiffeisen BANK
- Auth - Call-Verify
- POS Mobile
Financial status 2
- Pending credit
- Not applicable
Order completion status
- Partially processed
- Partially shipped
- Partially delivered
- Not applicable
- Pending shipment
- Verification needed
- Order expired
- Maximum Security
- Medium Security
- Verification Required
- On Hold
Status from the customer support’s point of view
Financial status 1
reflects the transaction status from the cardholders settlement amount point of view.
- Pending authorization – this status points out that the cardholder has made an online order and accessed the plationline.ro payment page. The order has already been registered in the system and it awaits authorization. If, during one hour, the transaction is not sent to authorization, this will turn into „error” status.
- Authorized – This status indicates the fact that the transaction has been accepted by the client’s issuing bank. Funds are blocked on the client’s account until they are transferred into the merchant’s account by the settle opeartion. If the settlement does not occur in a maximum of 30 days from the transaction date, the authorization expires and funds are released or unblocked on the client’s account.
- Pending settlement – This status indicates that a settlement operation has been initiated towards the authorized amount, the products ordered by the client being shipped by the merchant. The funds will be transferred from the issuing bank to the acquiring bank in 3 to 5 business days.
- Pending settlement 2 – This status indicates the fact that the settlement operation has not been finalised successfully, thus the transaction is re-sent to the card issuing bank for funds settlement.
- Settled – This status indicates the fact that the funds have been collected or debited from the cardholder’s account, in 3-5 business days from the settlement operation initiation.
- Voided – this status indicates that, due to reasons on the part of the merchant or the cardholder, the authorization has been canceled, thus preventing any eventual settlement operation. Canceling an authorization does not equal necessarily to unblocking the cardholder’s funds on their account, this being done in a maximum of 30 days from the transaction date, depending on the issuing bank.
- Pending void – this status shows that the transaction void request has been sent to the plationline.ro system, following that, in a few business days, the system finalize the process of voiding the transaction.
- Declined – this status indicates that a transaction has been refused, either by the plationline.ro’s own security filters, or by the card issuing bank.
- Expired – This status marks the end of the 30-day grace period in which a merchant can initiate a settlement operation in order to capture the funds from the cardholder’s account. Once a transaction expires, regardless of the product(s) being shipped or not, the amount initially authorized (blocked) on the cardholder’s account can no longer be collected.
- Error – This status indicates that a transaction has been initiated (the payment page has been loaded in the client’s browser), but it has not been sent for authorization for an hour.
- SEPA wire payment – this status indicates that the payment for an order has been made via other wire transfer methods.
- Cash Payment via Romanian Post Office - this status indicates a cash payment has been made at one of the Romanian Postal Offices for the clients that do not own or wish to use a MasterCard and Visa card.
- Cash Payment via Raiffeisen BANK - this status indicates a cash payment has been made at one of the Raiffeisen BANK branches for the clients that do not own or wish to use a MasterCard and Visa card.
- Auth - Call-Verify - this status indicates that a high-fraud score transaction has been placed automatically on hold by the payment system. After manual verifications, the status may change to Authorized (payment is considered to be legitimate), or Declined - fraud suspicion (further analysis and verifications indicate that the payment is likely to be fraudulent).
Financial status 2
reflects the situations in which the funds collected from the client are returned to him, as a result of a dispute or mutual agreement.
- Credited – this status indicates that, upon the client’s request or the merchant’s decision, the funds initially colected from the cardholder are returned to his/her account.
- Pending credit – this status indicates that the crediting request for a transaction has been sent to the plationline.ro system, following that in the next business days, the system will finalize the credit.
- Chargeback – this status indicates that the cardholder has refused to pay for the order and the issuing bank has returned his/her funds by a forced debit from the merchant’s account, without its authorization.
- Not applicable – this status indicates that the payment has been made via other means than the bank card. This is typical for the cash on delivery module.
A chargeback=== may present the following sub-statuses:
- Second chargeback
- For Visa/Mastercard
- Solved in favor of the merchant
- Solved in favor of the cardholder
- investigated – the dispute has been announced by the acquiring bank and reported in the system so as to initiate the investigation
- disputed – the chargeback has been challenged by the merchant, thus a representment process has been initiated.
- pre-arbitration – the issuing bank wishes to appeal to the Visa/MC forums to solve the dispute and notifies us of this via a letter of pre-arbitration.
- second chargeback – the issuing bank denies the transaction for payment once again, as a result of the chargeback challenge
- for Visa/Mastercard – the transaction has been submitted, either by the issuing bank, or the acquiring bank to the Visa/Mc forums for resolution
- solved in favor of the cardholder – the case has been solved in favor of the cardholder, as a result of the merchant accepting the chargeback or as a result of the Visa/Mc forum ruling.
- solved in favor of the merchant -the case has been solved in favor of the merchant, due to a lack of feedback from the issuing bank, or as a result of the Visa/Mc forum ruling.
Order completion status – reflects the order satisfaction extent associated to an authorized transaction, from the moment the transaction is finalized by the client until it is actually shipped.
Security status – reflects the risk extent of a transaction to be fraudulent. The extent risk is determined by the following agents:
- Maximum security - This transaction status indicates there's no suspicious or fraud alert activity concerning the transaction.
- Medium security - This transaction status indicates there’s little or moderate fraud risk, thus no additional security checks are necessary.
- Manual verification – This transaction status indicates there’s a serious fraud risk, which is calculated based on the Plationline automated antifraud filters. The merchant must wait 1-48 business hours to receive a final recommendation from Plationline, as a result of the security checks: either transaction authorized (the order can be processed) or transaction declined (the merchant must not ship the products).
- On-Hold - The transaction has already been placed on hold by the system, pending the manual verifications procedures.
- Fraud - The transaction has been confirmed by the bank as fraudulent, consequently marked such as by the payment system.
Status from the customer support’s point of view – this status reflects whether there were any complaints or comments related to this transaction which required some communication taking part between the parties involved in the transactioning process.